Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Suggestions when to report  (Read 14718 times)

Offline Andreas

• FraudRecord Member
Suggestions when to report
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:54:11 AM »
Hey Guys

I was wondering if I can get some suggestions when to submit a report.

I re-ran fraud report on all my clients and a couple got flagged.  So naturally I went to see why.

I noticed on was for non-payment, and another was because they tried to sign up with a proxy.

Now to me, I would not flag these as being fraud.

But I also know this tool is not for just fraud, its for misbehaving clients, abusive clients etc.

But not paying for services I see common.  People dont use your services they just stop paying.  I do not see that as a reason to submit a report, or someone using a VPN either.  That could have been an error after doing some due diligence. 

But I also can see why hosts would as a "heads Up" as well.

So what I am asking i guess is there some kind of criteria or suggestion when to use.  I would not want to report something that is false against a client, only because they are not technical or have the knowlede to understand why something happened.

Any feedback would be great.

Besides that I love the tool

Offline NuCode

• FraudRecord Member
    • Pulsed Media
Re: Suggestions when to report
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:45:06 AM »
Even reporting non-payment could be useful to someone. Let's assume this customer orders an expensive server, then talks it to be continued without a payment due to past activity.
A provider would see that it's common for him not to pay, and additional information and deny this.

While a good, customer caring provider would occasionally allow a customer to be overdue for sometime if they have issues.

Another would be to knowing to terminate service earlier, for example we have 18 day period before termination (suspended in a few), but it still ties up resources. If we see a lot of non-payment reports, we could make it so that he has only 7 days. Money saved! :) Especially if it's a resold dedicated server.

But this brings me the idea that maybe there should be severity 0 as well: A simple report of delay on payment, not a non-payment report, just another host reporting that this customer has been overdue.
OR other kind of additional information of the customer.

April 26, 2024, 05:20:39 PM: Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries by SMF