Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: When do you cancel an order  (Read 19082 times)

Offline dtan

• FraudRecord Member
When do you cancel an order
« on: May 16, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
Is there a score threshold or something in the fraudrecord report you look for when deciding whether to accept or cancel an order?

I'm curious to see if I can identify specific factors that I can use to automate blocking of customers found in fraudrecord.

Offline harzem

• Administrator
Re: When do you cancel an order
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 02:20:38 PM »
I recommend focusing on manual inspection until you familiarize yourself with the reports. After a while you can see a pattern of your choice, and attempt at automated blocking.

However we never recommend automation, due to the nature of the database. Every report is different, some are more detailed than others, you should check them manually before deciding. FraudRecord is not like MaxMind where a score displays likelihood of fraud. A higher score in FraudRecord may be less important than a lower one, because even score points are assigned by the submitting members. Some members give "10" to spamming, while others think spamming is just "5", instead chargebacks deserve 10.

A score of 10 may mean 5+5 or a single 10, you should see what people wrote in the description fields before you decide. So, automation is not recommended.

Of course if you see something like this you don't need much thinking:
https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=2afb9c6c80c5d232

Offline dtan

• FraudRecord Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:37:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just not sure if that's the best example. 9 Different reports, 8 of which were for spamming, even that can be easily automated.

Offline harzem

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
Yep, that one is obvious. That's why i gave the example for "not much thinking". But most reports have one or two contributions at most, and scoring system doesn't help with automation here.

Offline dtan

• FraudRecord Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »
Perhaps I've been overthinking this. I think I should just parse out the report HTML to find the reasons for each report. If 2 or more are for the same reason I am going to block it, just one I'll get an email notification to keep an eye on the signup. Should be much more manageable than manually reviewing all signups.

Offline harzem

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:08:29 AM »
I recommend using it manually for a few months. Api 2.0 is on the works and I think we can include report details in an xml response, you won't need to parse html. In the mean time you can get familiar with the reports to make a more educated system of automation.

But you can parse the html right now if you want, nothing stopping you :)

March 29, 2024, 09:29:01 AM: Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries by SMF