Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: whmcs usability  (Read 16410 times)

Offline wirefuse

• FraudRecord Member
whmcs usability
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »
The idea is great and the module is not so great it seems. We need a way to search through customer records as we have thousands of clients and it is not feasible to keep clicking the next page button to scroll through thousands of pages or guess.

We need an ability to search through our customers

Additionally I think it would be much better if you could give us a link/code we can insert into the clientsummary.tpl page inside the admin theme where we could "check for fraud" and "report as fraud" so that we can use the functions of the integration directly from the billing profile of the client we are concerned about. Having integrated buttons on the customer profile would very likely greatly improve the level of use by all hosting companies who use this with their whmcs installation

Offline harzem

• Administrator
Re: whmcs usability
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:18:27 PM »
First part of your suggestion is already in development, but the second part about template editing is a good idea that we hadn't thought. We always tried to use the integrated addon methods, which didn't allow us to add a link in client pages.

I will make sure the improvements are implemented soon.

Thanks for the idea!

Offline wirefuse

• FraudRecord Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Also I came up with some new ideas. Just so you know I'm the guy that came up with the idea of the intelligent search function for whmcs among other ideas. I have a talent for thinking of ways to improve existing scripts and software.

So on top of what I already recommended
- Ability to Search for specific accounts on the fraudrecord module page inside whmcs
- Add a "Report as fraud" and a "Check for Fraud" button on the clientsummary page inside whmcs admin. This allows us to easily check new accounts as we approve them and allows us to report accounts as fraud if we deem them fraudulent.

I also recommend
- Ability to check all active customers against the fraudrecord database to ensure that no active customers have previously already been reported as fraud. I know this might be a resource intensive check but there are ways to compress the data with minimal pull on resources if its coded correctly and evenly timed out
- Ability for us to export all our accounts that were automatically labeled as fraud by maxmind or other fraud systems into the fraudrecord database. This would exponentially increase the size and the effectiveness of the fraudrecord database since every person who signs up with fraudrecord for whmcs integration likely already has a huge database of these fraud accounts they can export to fraudrecord. I have over 1000 orders listed as fraudulent. I imagine this is a feature that could run during initial setup of the addon inside whmcs as an option you can allow the individual to run

The fraudrecord database will NOT grow at a significant rate without the addition of buttons on the clientsummary page or without the ability to export existing fraudulent orders. Without any of the implemented features above fraudrecord is almost useless to be honest. Counting that you add the ability to search for accounts on the module page it is still not a tool me or any of my employees would use as noting the amount of accounts we go through on a daily basis it is not feasible for us to stop, open the fraudrecord module page, search for the account and use the tool. If fraudrecord is going to be successful in anyway it needs to be more user friendly.

If you can implement all 4 of the above features I'm positive that FraudRecord will become a tool that every WHMCS owner uses and I would very happily pay you a monthly fee for use of this service with a plugin that I described above.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:21:05 PM by wirefuse »

Offline WHMCS Services

• FraudRecord Member
    • Custom WHMCS Modules!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:17:04 AM »
All good idea :)
Need Custom WHMCS / HostBill Modules

FRCorey

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 12:02:27 AM »
Maybe not a link on client pages, but maybe some sort of integration into invoices or orders so we can check before approving.  I dont mind going into FR as new clients are at the top just go through them in a batch or individually then go back and approve/deny based on that.  It would be worse if orders are piling up, but this has identified fraudsters hiding in my business and has warned me of bad apples before they could do any damage.

April 19, 2024, 05:17:14 AM: Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries by SMF