Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: standardized keys?  (Read 14683 times)

Offline atjeu

• FraudRecord Member
standardized keys?
« on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
I am also wondering if it would be better to have standard keys to choose from rather than writing your own.  The reason is that if I choose to call my key "phone" and someone else uses "phone number" or something slightly different, I assume I wouldn't find it in a search unless I searched that specific key.  Correct?

Just trying to think it through and make it as accurate and useful as possible.  We have had such an increasing problem with spam and abuse clients that we are starting to keep records in our own DB of past users in case they come back.  What you are doing is much better though as the community can share data and we can catch them before we setup the order.

You might also try to integrate Spamhaus's ROKSO database or their other listings.

Offline harzem

• Administrator
Re: standardized keys?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:52 PM »
Standard keys are not required, "phone" will match "phone number" just fine. When someone makes a query, it will display as
"phone" matched "phone-number"

We are considering to make the report page more descriptive, but our initial focus was for the WHMCS module, and we also didn't get a lot of comments like you made about the report page on the website. All suggestions for improvement will be taken into account :)

I will check ROKSO and see how we can benefit.

April 23, 2024, 08:21:27 PM: Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries by SMF