Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Webhosting Company threatening to "report me" to FraudRecord  (Read 17302 times)

Offline RobertMaltby

• FraudRecord Member
    • HostGenic | We make Web Hosting look good.
I ordered hosting through a company called XiNiX.net - I don't think I actually "used" their hosting - I did some testing when I ordered an account 2 years ago, but nothing much after that.  Essentially, I paid for 2 full years and canceled about 2 weeks prior to the 3rd year coming up due.  I got a confirmation from them that my account would be cancelled at the end of the billing cycle. Needless to say, I got charged $19.99 and they only refunded me back $17.99 saying that they can't refund what they didn't have.  I completely understand getting a partial refund due to how Paypal does their fees now - but don't try to pull something over one me.

Yes, it's $2.00 - I could careless about the $2.00 - but don't sit there and lie to my face about how much you paid in fees.

I posted a review on Serchen about them and how they shortchanged me on the refund - was after I got the refund of $17.99 and before they issues the difference of $0.61 - They then comment back on my review saying they refunded the full amount as if they did nothing wrong.  After they made their comment, they posted in my support thread that they were going to report me to FraudRecord.

Offline RobertMaltby

• FraudRecord Member
    • HostGenic | We make Web Hosting look good.
Re: Webhosting Company threatening to "report me" to FraudRecord
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:24 PM »
Just to add some follow up pictures

March 28, 2024, 10:48:25 AM: Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries by SMF